I’ve been filling out transcript request forms, recommendation request forms, and making all sorts of lists with due dates yesterday and today. My hands hurt from all the writing. I found the portfolio sleeves I want to use for my portfolio submission. I figure getting a jump on all of this while I’m not extremely busy with school will make things easier when I get busy with graduation and things this fall.
What I still have left to do:
– Take the GRE (and have scores sent to the appropriate schools) : Registered for Aug. 17
– Mail off my transcript request forms (with applicable fees) : Aug. 1
– Distribute my recommendation forms : Aug. 1
– Apply online at each school : Aug. 1
– Send application fees : Aug. 1
– Assemble portfolio : Fall, after Aug. 1
– Generate Statements of Purpose Essays for each school : ASAP
– Send statements and portfolios to each school : ASAP
– Apply for assistantships and/or fellowships at each school : with statements
Everything isn’t due until after the first of the year (some applications are due in mid-January, others are not due until mid-February). I hope to get everything submitted between the time I graduate and the first of the year (for priority consideration for assistantships and fellowships).
Easy enough, right? I’m getting really excited already. I seriously spent 2 hours today filling out forms and envelopes just in preparation. Did I mention I was really excited? I totally am.