For my advanced studio, here is a preliminary sketch of the phoenix featured in one of my compositions.
4388: Phoenix WIP 1
Busy day ahead still. Lots to do for graphics class (60 images I need to have for this weekend’s mega push to produce). Still need to pick up some scratchboard for illustration class… and figure out some kind of composition that includes hair, feathers, and wood grain. I’ll get it done. I love being busy. Anyhow, more soon. Tomorrow, more than likely.
Not finished with it yet, but it’s getting there.
Illustration I: Project 3 Bird WIP 2
This image really doesn’t do it justice, but you at least get an idea of how the painting is coming along.
Here’s today’s update of my bird illustration watercolor.
Illustration I: Project 3 Bird WIP
Saw Gran Torino last night. I really enjoyed it. Today I’m not sure yet if I have to go to Graphic Design I, since I am caught up in there for Wednesday. So, if I don’t, I’m going wo work on some sketches for my 4388 (advanced studio) and probably take a nap. It’s a sleepy kind of day.
Upcoming ideas to be seen in my 4388 work:
– Chinese Dragon
We’ll see where it goes. Catch me on AIM if you’d like. I’ll probably be on there the rest of the day (unless I go to Graphic Design… then after that).
Working on an illustration for a class on a short story. Here’s the preliminary sketch I have. It will end up being finished in watercolor. I have the initial washes down. So here’s the sketch:
Illustration I: Project 3 Bird Sketch
This just gives you an idea of the composition. The sketch was done on tracing paper and the picture taken on my phone. I haven’t used watercolor before really, so I guess we’ll see how this turns out.
The surprise is that I’m not 100% sure what the assignment is yet… just that I had to create a decorative text representation of a word I like (in addition to other things). I chose the word stellar. I guess we’ll see where it goes from here on Monday.
Also, I am contemplating establishing a logo to brand things and help with linking to my site. Tossing around a few ideas and this is what I came up with right away. Let me know what you all think, because I stink at logo creation.
Things to see. These are the prelim final images I have come up with, complete with typography. While I’m at it, let me finally explain the project. Basically, given quotes (and choosing three), I had to come up with 6 analog and 6 digital interpretations for each. Then I had to merge the ideas from the analog with the digital, creating 12 new synthesized images for each quote. Today was the critique on the synthesized images (hence why I was up until all hours of the night/morning). Once, critiqued, I chose 3 of those 12 for each quote, based on coherence and other elements. So, if you’ve done the math, I ended up creating 18 analog images, 18 digital images, and 36 synthetic images… for a grand total of 72 images. THEN I took the 36 synthetic images, and chose 9 to refine. Although I might not necessarily be 100% finished, here are the nine (with typography!).
Graphic Design I: Project 3 Final Thumbnails
So I’m finally finished with all the synthesized images that combine elements from the first (handmade) set I posted with the second (digital) set. Here’s the magic that happened between the hours of 10 PM and 4 AM:
Graphic Design I: Project 3 Synthesis Thumbnails
Click for big!